Die Gute Fabrik
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
Based in Germany
May 29, 2014 (Steam, Humble Store, GoG)
Out Now: PlayStation 3, Vita
7.99 USD / EUR
Press / Business Contact:
"In the glade, there grew a tree.
Merry, Merry king of the woods was he.
Deep in his heart lived spirits, three.
Dark secrets had this family."
In Where is my Heart? you play the story of a family of forest spirits. Their world gets broken up into fragments which you have to piece back together in your mind. Each of the three characters can transform into a magical creature along the way. The Rainbow Spirit allows you to rotate the world around and jump across space; the Bat King can see hidden platforms which only exist for him; the Antler Ancestor can jump on the stars. Help the three spirits find their home tree again!
- seperate view panels leverage many puzzles
- three special characters, with unique transformation abilities
- rotate the panels for a non-linear type of transportation
- discover an intricate set of play elements and rules
- soothing original soundtrack by Alessandro Coronas
New Features, for Windows and Mac version:
- additional new levels
- new and improved UI
- customizable key settings
- new level select system
- coming to Windows and Mac on May 29, 2014 (and Linux soon after)
- May 29, 2014: Steam, Humble Store and GoG
- out now on Vita and PlayStation 3
Story Trailer Vimeo,  YouTube
There are far more images available for Where is my Heart?, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo, Icon & Boxart
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist Amaze Trophy 2012" -
- "Finalist Pocket Gamer Awards 2012" -
- "Winner Independent Games Festival Student Showcase 2009" -
- "Part of IndieCade Selection 2008" -
- "IGF honorable mentions (excellence in design, excellence in audio, seumas mcNally grand prize)" -
- "An illusory puzzler that's easy to fall for."
- Edge Magazine
- "extremely well designed as a game and incredibly charming"
- "Where Is My Heart? is as charming as it is mind-boggling; it is mysterious and whimsical, and yet deeply organised"
- "Where Is My Heart? revels in simplicity, beauty and restraint, yet the experience tempers such qualities by proving challenging, infuriating and exhausting. Not unlike love itself"
- "Where Is My Heart? is a one-of-a-kind game. It's a special experience--the kind that doesn't come along too often."
- Game Zone
SOURCE OF INSPIRATION
Where is my Heart? is loosely based on Bernie Schulenburg's experience of a sunday hike, which he went on with his mom and his dad. They got lost in a forest and confronted with this problem they came to face each other's negative personality traits.
Bernie's father showed his anxiety and this made him switch to 'bossy mode'. Bernie's mom responded to this as she always did: She turned to lamenting about her life and existence as she had been doing for the 25 past years of her partnership. Bernie on his side fell into his well known patterns of regret, remorse and disconnectedness.
Here there were three hurt children-at-heart, not understanding nor able to break out of their predicament. This game is Bernie's clumsy attempt to come to an understanding with himself and his parents as a family.
Where is my Heart - original Soundtrack
Original Soundtrack of Where is my Heart by Alessandro Coronas alessandrocoronas.bandcamp.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Game Design, Programming, Level Design
Art, Level Design
Die Gute Fabrik